Sticker shock, underground pools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker shock, underground pools

I'm probably not the only one, but my wife and I recently discussed the pool. We started studying underground pools and had no idea how much they actually cost. I was counting on 20-25 thousand dollars...not even close. Those that are cheaper/smaller, push 30 thousand dollars...and that's not counting the fence. Most of them have a small 3-foot sidewalk around the pool, which is mostly useless. Cheap fences cost about $3k-$4k if you make them yourself. It seems that on average it is about 50 thousand dollars.

Does anyone have a pool here? How much did you spend? Any regrets?"

We'll probably put up an overhead line next year, which is only $ 5,000 for the pool and pump / filter. Add a salt water filter, $ 600...and the deck that completely bypasses it is probably the trex decking. It will be diy, so I estimate the cost of the deck at $ 8k...We'll all get less than $ 15,000. I can't swallow the cost of the land...especially being in the state of Pennsylvania, where we can only use the pool for 3 good months. But they are very beautiful!

No matter how you spin it, swimming pools are luxury items. They are not cheap. They really do require work/content...although "a lot of work" is completely subjective. I've heard it both ways, pools are easy, while others are afraid of it. Will it add value to our home, no! The Earth won't either. In fact, people often pass by homes with pools, unless you are in an area where pools are needed or expected (southern states or higher areas).)

You have a good budget, I think that you will be able to do what you want. Your pool will be great.

Comment

Recently I decided to buy myself a pool, because once we were walking with a friend and spent a lot of time there. I wanted to buy and ended up ordering myself a pool. In the end, I didn't know how difficult it would be. A friend told me it was a waste of time and all, but I didn't listen to him. In the end, I also had to search for suitable pool cleaners and pool supplies. Luckily, a friend recommended at least one site that had reviews of pool cleaners. Thanks at least for this site. Without it, I don't know what I would clean the pool with. Here is the site https://homendgarden.com/best-pool-cleaner-reviews/

Comment

Working...
      X