Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting multiplayer server - config options

Good morning!
    I am considering hosting a FlightGear multi-user server for a youth group I am participating in.

However, to do this, I would need to disable the built-in multi-user chat and provide controlled access to the server.

Are these two things possible with FGM?

I'm not sure if this is possible, because recently I also tried to install this hosting on my online store, and I was missing a lot of features. Because of this, I need good hosting, can someone advise? Do I need a very expensive hosting service or not?

Comment

I believe that for such a site, you do not need some expensive hosting. For example, a couple of years ago I wanted to create a website where students of my university would share the solution of homework assignments they received in a particular subject. The structure of the site was incredibly ordinary and consisted of 2 sections. The first section was logging in to the site, and the second was downloading the file. For this site, I decided to use the cheapest hosting and was disappointed with it. For example, using this hosting did not allow downloading PDF files. After that, I decided to switch to such a well-known hosting service as 28msec.com

Comment

Originally posted by MegansIons View Post
        I believe that for such a site, you do not need some expensive hosting. For example, a couple of years ago I wanted to create a website where students of my university would share the solution of homework assignments they received in a particular subject. The structure of the site was incredibly ordinary and consisted of 2 sections. The first section was logging in to the site, and the second was downloading the file. For this site, I decided to use the cheapest hosting and was disappointed with it. For example, using this hosting did not allow downloading PDF files. After that, I decided to switch to such a well-known hosting service as 28msec.com
        Thank you for your help! You're helping me more than ever! Despite this, I am still in doubt whether to take such hosting or not.

Comment

Working...
        X